POPI Act Implementation and Support
In many organisations, POPI Act implementation and support skills and knowledge for carrying out these initiatives have not been developed yet as the subject of privacy and data protection (protection of personal information) is a relatively new area.
In order to help organisations with their POPI Act implementation and support activities, we have developed and introduced a range of services. These are based on our practical experience gained during the past 5 years and are delivered by experienced and qualified consultants.
The POPI Act Implementation and Support Services
The POPI Act Implementation and Support service portfolio includes the following:
- IACT-Africa POPI Compliance Assessment Service: designed to enable organisations to gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of their status of compliance with the POPI Act and to identify activities that should be carried out to achieve a sound of level of compliance with the Act.
- IACT-Africa POPI Independent Assurance Service: designed to enable organisations to obtain an evaluation and independent assurance of their POPI Act/POPIA/PAIA compliance measures by suitably experienced and qualified external consultants.
- IACT-Africa POPI Implementation Service: designed to complement the IACT-Africa POPI Licence option which best meets your needs. A set of pre-defined services to support your POPI Act compliance preparation project. Typically ranges from 10 to 40 hours in duration.
- IACT-Africa POPI On-demand Service: designed to be used by IACT-Africa clients who need Ad Hoc support for the IACT-Africa POPI Licence self-implementation option; also for those who have completed their compliance preparation project and need additional support.
- IACT-Africa POPI Licence Updates Service: provides periodic updates to the contents of your selected IACT-Africa POPI Licence. Available on an optional annual contract.
IACT-Africa POPI Information Officer Support Services
In addition to the above services, we also offer POPI Information Officer Support Services, These are designed to assist organisations who do not have the resources or skills for this role. Please click here to visit the Information OfficerSupport Service page.
In addition to the services described above, we provide a set of products which are designed to enable POPI Act implementation and support, service delivery, as well as ongoing compliance and maintenance of compliance frameworks.
IACT-Africa POPI Act Training Services
Our POPI Act training services consist of a set of unique and practical courses which cater for the following:
- End users
- Job role specific e.g. line managers, records managers, security specialists
- Executive and directors for policy setting
Please visit our POPI Act Training page for more information.
POPI Act Compliance Products
The POPI Act compliance product set includes the following toolkits and licences:
- IACT-Africa POPI Essentials Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Micro-sized organisation. Ideal for Sole Trader and Professional Practice usage. Covers all the essentials which will support your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
- IACT-Africa POPI Core Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Small-to-Medium-sized organisation. Includes the contents of the Essentials Licence plus additional features and functionality which will support the more demanding size and complexity of your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
- IACT-Africa POPI Extended Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Enterprise-sized organisation. Includes the contents of the Core Licence plus additional features and functionality which will support the most demanding size and complexity requirements for POPI Act compliance initiatives.
All of these IACT-Africa POPI products and licence options are available on a self-implementation basis and can optionally be supported by our services as outlined above.
In addition to our POPI Act services and products, we provide similar offerings for the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If your organisation offers services or products to EU residents, monitors their behavior or processes their personal information, we recommend that you consider the potential implications on your organisation as the GDPR has international applicability. Please visit our EU GDPR Solutions website for more information