POPI Products and Services
The IACT-Africa POPI Products and Services are a unique and comprehensive set of POPI Act related products and services designed to enable organisations to prepare for compliance with the act. These have been developed through a strategic partnership with PTC. The products and services enable a wide range of organisations to reach a healthy state of POPI Act readiness. These have been tried and tested with a number of our satisfied clients.
An overview of the unique IACT-Africa POPI Products and Services offerings is provided below.
The purpose of these offerings is to provide a set of tools that will enable organisations to prepare for compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI Act) without having to start from scratch. They also enable organisation to implement a comprehensive privacy framework.
The objectives of these service offerings are:
- To enable an organisation to assess their current state against the POPI Act;
- To develop a plan for achieving an acceptable level of compliance with the POPI Act from a governance perspective;
- To execute the plan using the components of the service offerings without writing policies, notices, etc. from scratch;
- To provide awareness training to all levels of personnel in their organisation;
- To maintain compliance with the POPI Act on an ongoing basis;
- Where appropriate, to execute the above with the guidance of experienced consultants in this area.
POPI Compliance Toolkit from IACT-Africa
The components of the IACT-Africa POPI Compliance Toolkit include:
A POPI Compliance Assessment, a POPI Personal Information Diagnostic Assessment, a Contracts and Polices Assessment, an Information Security Assessment, a POPI Integrated Risk Assessment Report and more…
Project Management tools
A POPI Project Charter, Project Action Plan, Project Schedule Templates and more…
A POPI Act Policy and Privacy Notices, Information Security Policy Template, Contract Clauses for service providers as well as offshore Cloud service providers and more…
Education and Training
POPI Executive Awareness Training pack, POPI Staff Awareness Training packs (aimed at various staff levels) and more…
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) and more…
IACT-Africa POPI Act Compliance Product Licence Options
The licence options cater for a range of organisation from micro to corporate oragnisations. The options include:
- IACT-Africa POPI Essentials Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Micro-sized organisation. Ideal for Sole Trader and Professional Practice usage. Covers all the essentials which will support your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
- IACT-Africa POPI Core Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Small-to-Medium-sized organisation. Includes the contents of the Essentials Licence plus additional features and functionality which will support the more demanding size and complexity of your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
- IACT-Africa POPI Extended Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Enterprise-sized organisation. Includes the contents of the Core Licence plus additional features and functionality which will support the most demanding size and complexity requirements for POPI Act compliance initiatives.
All of these IACT-Africa POPI Licence options are available on a self-implementation basis and can optionally be supported by our Compliance Services as outlined next.
IACT-Africa POPI Act Compliance Services
The POPI Act compliance services offered by IACT-Africa include:
- IACT-Africa POPI Compliance Assessment Service: designed to enable organisations to gain a clear and comprehensive understanding of their status of compliance with the POPI Act and to identify activities that should be carried out to achieve a sound of level of compliance with the Act.
- IACT-Africa POPI Inpedendent Assurance Service: designed to enable organisations to obtain an evaluation and independent assurance of their POPI Act/POPIA/PAIA and /or GDPR compliance measures by suitably experienced and qualified external consultants.
- IACT-Africa POPI Implementation Service: designed to complement the IACT-Africa POPI Licence option which best meets your needs. A set of pre-defined services to support your POPI Act compliance preparation project. Typically ranges from 10 to 40 hours in duration.
- IACT-Africa POPI On-demand Service: designed to be used by IACT-Africa clients who need Ad Hoc support for the IACT-Africa POPI Licence self-implementation option; also for those who have completed their compliance preparation project and need additional support.
- IACT-Africa POPI Licence Updates Service: provides periodic updates to the contents of your selected IACT-Africa POPI Licence. Available on an optional annual contract.
IACT-Africa POPI Information Officer Services
In addition to the above services, we also offer outsourced POPI Information Officer Services which are designd to assist organisations who do not have the resources or skills for this role. Please click here to vist the Information Officer as a Service page.
Please contact us for more information about our POPI Act Products and Services.