IACT-Africa offers a unique and comprehensive set of POPI Act related products and services designed to enable organisations to prepare for compliance with the act. These have been developed through a strategic partnership with PTC. The products and services enable a wide range of organisations to reach a healthy state of POPI Act readiness. These have been tried and tested with a number of our satisfied clients.
An overview of the unique IACT-Africa POPI Products and Services offerings is provided below.
The purpose of these offerings is to provide a set of tools that will enable organisations to prepare for compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI Act) without having to start from scratch.
The objectives of these service offerings are:
- To enable an organisation to assess their current state against the POPI Act;
- To develop a plan for achieving an acceptable level of compliance with the POPI Act from a governance perspective;
- To execute the plan using the components of the service offerings without writing policies, notices, etc. from scratch;
- To provide awareness training to all levels of personnel in their organisation;
- Where appropriate, to execute the above with the guidance of experienced consultants in this area.
IACT-Africa POPI Act Compliance Products
- IACT-Africa POPI Essentials Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Micro-sized organisation. Ideal for Sole Trader and Professional Practice usage. Covers all the essentials which will support your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
- IACT-Africa POPI Core Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Small-to-Medium-sized organisation. Includes the contents of the Essentials Licence plus additional features and functionality which will support the more demanding size and complexity of your POPI Act compliance initiatives;
- IACT-Africa POPI Extended Licence: designed to meet the needs of the Enterprise-sized organisation. Includes the contents of the Core Licence plus additional features and functionality which will support the most demanding size and complexity requirements for POPI Act compliance initiatives.
All of these IACT-Africa POPI Licence options are available on a self-implementation basis and can optionally be supported by our Compliance Services as outlined next.
IACT-Africa POPI Act Compliance Services
- IACT-Africa POPI Implementation Support Service: designed to complement the IACT-Africa POPI Licence option which best meets your needs. A set of pre-defined services to support your POPI Act compliance preparation project. Typically ranges from 10 to 40 hours in duration.
- IACT-Africa POPI Implementation On-demand Service: designed to be used by IACT-Africa clients who need Ad Hoc support for the IACT-Africa POPI Licence self-implementation option; also for those who have completed their compliance preparation project and need additional support.
- IACT-Africa POPI Licence Updates Service: provides periodic updates to the contents of your selected IACT-Africa POPI Licence. Available on an optional annual contract.
The components of the IACT-Africa POPI Core Licence include:
A POPI Business Case Tool, a POPI Compliance Assessment Tool and more…
Project Management tools
POPI Project Charter, Project Action Plan, Project Schedule Templates and more…
POPI Act Policy and Privacy Notice , Information Security Policy Templates and more…
Education and Training
POPI Executive Awareness Training pack, POPI Staff Awareness Training packs (aimed at various staff levels) and more…
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI), Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) and more…